[lbo-talk] the virginina university massacre

Sandy Harris sandyinchina at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 08:26:32 PDT 2007

Miles Jackson <cqmv at pdx.edu> wrote:

> Joseph Catron wrote:
>
> > How so? Granted, incidents of armed civilians ending mass shootings,
> > like at the Appalachian School of Law, are rare, but as Chuck notes,
> > so are the shootings themselves. Show me a mass shooting coupled with
> > armed bystanders, and I'll show you a shooting that ended quickly.
>
> Because, of course, all the bullets from all these armed bystanders will
> magically hit only the original shooter, and no one else could possibly
> be injured in the hail of gunfire from all directions.

"Gun control"? That means hitting your target, doesn't it?

If the choices are being deliberately shot by some deranged killer, or being hit because he is spraying bullets everywhere, versus running the risk that an armed bystander will hit me instead of the madman he's aiming at, then I'll take my chances with the bystanders.

-- Sandy Harris Quanzhou, Fujian, China