[lbo-talk] The Rule In Schmuck (Was Re: the virginina universitymassacre)

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 18 10:11:38 PDT 2007

>Americans
>love guns because they are suffused with a feeling of humiliation and
>powerlessness in their daily lives, and blasting away with guns at targets,
>of any shape, allows them to engage in fantasies of revenge and omnipotence.
>In short, I see fondness for guns as synonymous with having a frail ego.
>
>Carl

And this is based on what? I got no problem with this kind of explanation, even Tony Soprano knows about the power of the subconscious, but it has to be based on some research doesn't it? And I never thought of William S. Burroughs as having a frail ego.

Dr. Melfi: "Without invalidating your feelings, is it possible that on some level you're reading into all this?"

Tony: "I've been coming here for years. I know too much about the subconscious now."