[lbo-talk] The Rule In Schmuck (Was Re: the virginina universitymassacre)

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 18 11:22:44 PDT 2007

>From: Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net>
>
> >Americans
> >love guns because they are suffused with a feeling of humiliation and
> >powerlessness in their daily lives, and blasting away with guns at
>targets,
> >of any shape, allows them to engage in fantasies of revenge and
>omnipotence.
> >In short, I see fondness for guns as synonymous with having a frail ego.
> >
> >Carl
>
>And this is based on what? I got no problem with this kind of
>explanation ...
>but it has to be based on some research doesn't
>it?

Yes, the reasearch being the evidence of my own eyes. Having survived in this lunatic bin of a society for 57 years, I am cognizant of vast numbers of my fellow Americans as being John Wayne, Charles Bronson, or Sly Stallone wannabees -- having an abiding faith that pistol-packing will transmute them from being weenies into figures of formidable menace. Ultra pathetic.

>And I never thought of William S. Burroughs as having a frail ego.

And I never thought of William S. Burroughs as a role model.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Need a break? Find your escape route with Live Search Maps. http://maps.live.com/?icid=hmtag3