[lbo-talk] IWW piece on Iranian labor situation

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 07:54:55 PDT 2007

On 4/19/07, Dwayne Monroe <idoru345 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Wojtek:
>
> I think that colonialism and Western influence in the
> Third World, although ethically questionable, had on
> the balance a positive effect on Third World
> development, which is also the idea espoused by Marx.
>
> A bold assertion. So bold in fact, it demands a
> challenge.
>
> I would like to read a comprehensive, nation by nation
> break-down of this alleged "positive effect".

Compare Japan -- its wealth, living standard, etc. -- with any former colony of any empire, including Japan's own. It seems clear to me that getting colonized by a capitalist empire is not a good deal compared to not getting colonized by one. It shouldn't take a Marxist to understand that. -- Yoshie