[lbo-talk] NYT poll: Youth support war & Bush more than their elders

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 19 16:21:13 PDT 2007

I quite agree. But the real effect of formal education in regard to the war was perhaps not just to express the class interest but also to some extent to bring people into the government's consensus, such as it was.

The 'uneducated' who did not support the the government's position came from both sides, as it were -- opponents of the war as well as the "win or get out" people. --CGE

P.S. -- An appropriate day for the topic: 232nd anniversary of Lexington and Concord.