[lbo-talk] Rethinking Liberalism

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Apr 22 10:56:30 PDT 2007

John Kozak wrote:

> This isn't even slightly true: the two most prominent large scale
> anti-road protests in England were Twyford Down and Wanstonia,
> organised by (Twyford Down) greens and (Wanstonia) a mix of local
> (East End of London) working-class residents and anarcho-squatters.

You have to keep in mind that the facts don't matter to workerists, who see any kind of protest outside of workplace organizing as being petit bourgie and "lifestylist." You could run a mob of baseball bat-toting working class people involved in these campaigns at these workerists and they'd still diss and misrepresent the protesters.

I don't take these wankers seriously who bitch and whine about creative protests. Their form of dissent never works, so why listen to people who can't produce results?

You know, the left would get somewhere if people JUST SHOWED UP! I'm fucking tired of all this self-hating and circuitous talk about why the left sucks. It sucks because leftists don't get out there and support those of us who WORK OUR ASS OFF everyday.

Feeling very pissy this afternoon,

Chuck