[lbo-talk] Rethinking Liberalism

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Sun Apr 22 16:24:23 PDT 2007

On Sun, April 22, 2007 7:57 am, Jason wrote:

> No, but putative leftists might want to identify some kind of useful
> programme for engagement with ordinary people - people with bills and real
> economic problems, not students and kids.

Here in the US (and throughout the rest of the world), students have bills to pay and quite real economic problems. Many of the students I teach have to work side-jobs to pay for school, and have to support their own parents and relatives. Other students are adults and have kids of their own. Many of the grad students from China and India send home their meager cash savings (out of the $10,000 a year we get for assistantships).

-- DRR