[lbo-talk] [DEBATE] : (Fwd) Doug Henwood on elite climate change strategy

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 23 05:44:10 PDT 2007

--- Patrick Bond <pbond at mail.ngo.za> wrote:

> So, since Chris Doss doesn't get this either, let's
> sum it up like this:
> market mechanisms commodify life; our job is
> decommodification. Ok?

I know nothing about the subject whatsoever. I'm just superficially reminded by all of those "the Russian economy will never improve as long as it remains capitalist" arguments one used to hear a few years ago that turned out to be completely bogus, given that consumption in Russia is now higher than the pre-recession 1989 Soviet level and poverty has halved.

(Who cares if it commodifies life if it works, anyway?)