[lbo-talk] Here she goes again

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Wed Apr 25 12:25:30 PDT 2007

On Wed, April 25, 2007 6:31 am, Carrol Cox wrote:

> http://www.goacta.org/publications/Reports/VanishingShakespeare.pdf
>
> I haven't looked at it so I have no idea how many orders of magnitude
> separate it from reality.

Several orders. Of course, the report is garbage. Sure, Shakespeare is great; so are Bert Brecht, Toni Morrison, Elfriede Jelinek, and Iraqi novelist Alia Mamdouh ("Napthalene", 1986).

But the delicious irony lost on the neocon knuckleheads is that Shakespeare was, as close readers of the sonnets have shown, fabulously gay, occasionally anti-royalist and pro-plebian, and generally smitten with the young black men working in Britain's ports as sailors.

-- DRR