[lbo-talk] Hijacking

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Apr 26 09:23:23 PDT 2007

The propaganda that was visited on me in Romania was that there were vast inequality of wealth and a lot of racism in the U.S.. Also that the U.S. was the "cancer" of the world, in terms of military bases and biased political intervention.

I don't remember anyone claiming that Romania was the best place in the world, just that we were aiming toward marvellous things.

The propaganda in the U.S. is that everyone is middle class, that the rich deserve to be rich, and that the U.S. is the best place in the world to live.

Perhaps it makes no sense to discuss the truth value of propaganda, but I don't really see a huge diff between the examples given.

Joanna