[lbo-talk] Hijacking

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 26 09:35:30 PDT 2007

Of course my knowledge of it is only second-hand, since I didn't live in the USSR and haven't seen/read any old Soviet news programs/newspapers, but the impression I get is that during the Brezhnev era the party line was that the USSR had the best of everything in the world and that all the suffering oppressed masses of the West were very pro-Soviet.

Oh, and Soviet airplanes never crash.

--- joanna <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

> The propaganda that was visited on me in Romania was
> that there were
> vast inequality of wealth and a lot of racism in the
> U.S.. Also that the
> U.S. was the "cancer" of the world, in terms of
> military bases and
> biased political intervention.
>
> I don't remember anyone claiming that Romania was
> the best place in the
> world, just that we were aiming toward marvellous
> things.
>
> The propaganda in the U.S. is that everyone is
> middle class, that the
> rich deserve to be rich, and that the U.S. is the
> best place in the
> world to live.
>
> Perhaps it makes no sense to discuss the truth value
> of propaganda, but
> I don't really see a huge diff between the examples
> given.
>
> Joanna

Lyubo, bratsy, lyubo, lyubo, bratsy, zhit!

ËÞÁÎ, ÁÐÀÒÖÛ, ËÞÁÎ, ËÞÁÎ, ÁÐÀÒÖÛ, ÆÈÒÜ!