[lbo-talk] Children losing sleep over global warming

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Fri Apr 27 13:29:39 PDT 2007

Doug Henwood wrote:

>On Apr 27, 2007, at 3:45 PM, James Heartfield wrote:
>
>> Children losing sleep over global warming
>> ALAN JONES
>> HALF of children between the ages of seven and 11 are anxious about
>> the
>> effects of global warming and often lose sleep over it, according
>> to a new
>> report.
>> http://news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=289422007
>
>The implication being we should make policy on what makes children
>sleep better?

Yes indeed. Children are exactly those who will have to live with the worst consequences of global heating, so it is a very good thing that they are aware enough to lose sleep over the menace. If only the adults were aware enough to lose sleep, something real might--just might--get done.

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things...It consents and does not consent to be called Zeus."

Herakleitos of Ephesos