[lbo-talk] Wealth Distribution & Kinetic Theo

Tayssir John Gabbour tayssir.john at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 28 12:50:40 PDT 2007

On 4/26/07, bitch at pulpculture.org <bitch at pulpculture.org> wrote:
> just to clear up any misunderstandings. i don't laugh at the specialized
> language of experts and academics so much as I laugh at the idea that the
> only people ever held to account for this language are, lately, da pomos.
> my giggles in that regard refer to the perennial debate at LBO over the
> horrors of the Judth Butlers among us.

Interestingly, I recall critics of abstruse writing mentioning Judith Butler positively, while exploring their critique of hard-to-comprehend writers.

So for example, at a talk on "anarchism and the academy," Butler was intentionally mentioned as a counterexample to their own arguments, to elucidate what they're after. <http://www.radio4all.net/index.php?op=program-info&program_id=5099&nav=&>

Tayssir