[lbo-talk] was Weath Distribution and hot air something

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Sun Apr 29 18:48:14 PDT 2007

Jerry Monaco :

Yes, I mean mental structures, including the power to reason. Chimps reason.

^^^^ CB: I agree. What Chimps lack is symboling, language and culture.

They have to be rational in order to survive physically. Dogs are rational. Ants are rational. They can pursue goals , aims and achieve them. The definition of rational is to be able to pursue and achieve a goal, like catching prey or avoiding a predator.

As Marx says, the difference between the labor of humans and the labor of bees or spiders is that humans plan the job in imagination first. Imagination means symbolling.