[lbo-talk] Minorities Fare Worse in US Traffic Stops

Andy F andy274 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 13:10:52 PDT 2007

On 4/30/07, joanna <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:
> Oh, and one more thing. Having had a number of black friends and
> boyfriends, I assure you that no one drives more calmly, safely, and
> steadily than black males. That's because they don't want to be stopped
> by the police.

A cousin of my GF has a black boyfriend who got pulled over and spent a night in jail on account of a ticket for an obscured windshield -- a air freshener hanging from the rear view mirror. He didn't make anything of it until he told her girlfriend -- all his friends and family thought that was a normal consequence of getting any kind of moving violation.

-- Andy