[lbo-talk] Darfur: colonised by 'peacekeepers'

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 3 11:12:52 PDT 2007

--- Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu> wrote: "is it a particular fad in the radical circles to

address interlocutors by third person instead of the customary second person (i.e."he" instead of "you")"

Actually, in a group forum, using the third person is politer than the second. It makes the subject of the remarks seem a little more general than personal. Granted, a viscious attack can be launched in either person, but that wasn't the case here.

BobW