[lbo-talk] Darfur: colonised by 'peacekeepers'

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Aug 3 14:15:30 PDT 2007

Russell Grinker wrote:

> [WS:] You are right. To me, totalitarianism is totalitarianism, and
> extremist idiocy is extremist idiocy - no matter in what ideological
> packaging it is coming. I am not particularly affected by the opinions of
> academic celebrities on that subject either.

This is interesting, since WS & Chuck are in a deadheat for leadership in the "extremist idiocy" category. I suppose in a freshman theme I would underline "extremist" and put word? in the margin. WS doesn't really seem to have a grip on the word's meaning -- or perhaps he has such trouble with all relational terms, being under the miscomprehension that such terms have independent meaning.

Carrol