[lbo-talk] cruise update: the Ralph angle

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 6 09:06:34 PDT 2007

--- Tayssir John Gabbour <tayssir.john at googlemail.com> wrote:

"I don't think people interested in anarchism's ideas want to be anarchists, or support it like a political party. After all, people who find math useful don't usually become mathematicians."

I've been thinking the same thing. While anarchist activists are young and disaffected, anarchist "thinkers" come from the intellectual and professional classes. In this sense, anarchism is a kind of elite avocation, like buddhism, or belief in Platonic forms -- individual self-expression, not a social movement.

BobW