[lbo-talk] AllHipHop.com interviews Bad Brains about

Blackmail blackmail.is.my.life at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 15:43:54 PDT 2007

If you can get thru his at times clunky prose, Simon Reynold's Rip It Up and Start Again is a great survey of post-punk, mainly because Reynolds was at ground zero for it and remembers that era fondly. I'm spoiled because I have this great ten disc DIY boxset of postpunk songs released in 1981 that's a pretty fitting companion to the book. You can check that out here: http://www.woebot.com/2005/02/1981_box_set.html

Cheers, J T. -- j t. ramsay music editor comcast interactive media 1500 market st., 18th floor west philadelphia, pa, 19102