[lbo-talk] Nader, et al

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Aug 7 08:41:10 PDT 2007

Jeffrey Fisher wrote:

> wrt house dems, i think you're right. it's pretty clear that they were on
> the right side by a margin of over 4:1. and all in all, it looks to me like
> this supports the idea i think we all share of rightward pull from the GOP
> and occasionally reluctant following by the Dems (even when they're in
> power).

My argument is that there is _no_ "right" side of the issues AS DEFINED. It is the total agreement between parties on what the issues are that counts, not their agreement or disagreement on the questions that come to a vote.

The only relevant issue on Iraq is whether to continue to finance the war. But that isn't even discussed.

The only relevant issue on health is whether or not to have a single payer plan. That isn't even discussed.

Why are there 100s of U.S. bases around the world when there should be Zero. That isn't discussed.

It's a real scam, and Doug is in his mindless anti-theory empiricist mode.

Carrol