[lbo-talk] Nader, et al

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Aug 7 11:33:34 PDT 2007

On Aug 7, 2007, at 1:12 PM, Chuck wrote:

> What a bunch of rich
> liberals on a Nation cruise

There were some rich people on the cruise, but there were plenty of nonrich people there too. I talked with a teacher, a carpenter, and an organic farmer. People dip into their savings to go on a Nation cruise, or ask for tickets as a gift from better off kids. There are a lot of people who really love The Nation. I'm not kidding. And you should have seen the welcome rally organized by Veterans for Peace in Juneau. A bunch of grizzled Alaskans who love The Nation. I'm not kidding.

Doug