[lbo-talk] LA Times 8/7/07: Behind enemy lines

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Sat Aug 11 11:58:51 PDT 2007

At last, the nuclear option, the final doomsday machine in the Democratic Party's apologetic arsenal: the dreaded Subjunctive Mood. So and so would have, or would not have, etc.

I like the indicative mood myself, and particularly the preterite tense. Scan the record and count how many wars the Democrats *did* in fact get us into.