[lbo-talk] LA Times 8/7/07: Behind enemy lines

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 12:20:02 PDT 2007

Didn't Gore's platform include Iraqi regime change?

Or will you now convince us that shouldn't matter?

I dont have quotes on hand, but as I recall, Gore staked out a position far more interventionist than Bush, who came off as quite te reasonable one on foreign affairs, in the debates.

Or perhaps you knew what each REALLY meant?

As long as we're arguing in subjunctives, what if the Gore/Lieberman team had succeeded in their plans to steal more votes than Bush, then Gore had died halfway through his first term?

By 2004, U.S. troops would have occupied Kabul, Baghdah, Tehran, and been halfway to Damascus.