[lbo-talk] [Fwd: Cretinism, electoral and otherwise]

Dmytri Kleiner dk at telekommunisten.net
Fri Aug 17 08:43:16 PDT 2007

Russell Grinker wrote:
> German left parties won 8% of the vote in the last election which was a rise
> of around 3.6%, mostly stolen from the SPD - hardly the 'huge backlash' of
> support you seem to be talking about and quite in keeping with the relative
> volatility seen elsewhere in Europe.

Please check the numbers for East Germany, M-V and Brandenburg, especially, i.e. areas most devastated by reunifaction.

If you are unwilling to accept information from those of us who are actually here and contribute no more than out of hand dismissals, then I guess AN was correct in that you are not interested in a serious conversation.

> I suppose the real question is: Do these 'left' parties having anything
> genuinely new to offer?

As mentioned, parties are unable to do anything other then sell access to State privilege to the highest bidder, so No, they don't. But that is not the point.

The fact remains that DDR workers are losers, in the same way colonized nations where losers, as mentioned, if you want to understand how this came about, the answer lies in the history of "De-Stalinisation" not Stalinism, imo.

East Berlin, BTW, is now the Baby-capital of Europe, a major contributing factor to this is the large Childcare infrastructure left over from the DDR. I have no doubt you will refuse to know this fact too and mumble something about a lack of an anti-reunification kindergarten uprising disproving this.

-- Dmytri Kleiner <dk at telekommunisten.net> editing text files since 1981

http://www.dialstation.com - International calling from your mobile phone. - Requires no special software to use, just your phone. - First call free, no sign up, just call!