[lbo-talk] [Fwd: Cretinism, electoral and otherwise]

Russell Grinker grinker at mweb.co.za
Fri Aug 17 09:45:59 PDT 2007

I never denied that workers workers suffered as a result of reunification. As a result of the implosion of Stalinism, workers right across the former Soviet bloc did too. However it seems to me that what you're trying to do here is retrospectively justify the former system by arguing for how wonderful *some* of its characteristics were. So apparently the problem wasn't with the system itself but rather with the way it was wound up: if only the 'destalinisation' process had preserved the revolutionary kernel of this wonderful system, German workers would be OK today.

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Dmytri Kleiner

If you are unwilling to accept information from those of us who are actually here and contribute no more than out of hand dismissals, then I guess AN was correct in that you are not interested in a serious conversation.

East Berlin, BTW, is now the Baby-capital of Europe, a major contributing factor to this is the large Childcare infrastructure left over from the DDR. I have no doubt you will refuse to know this fact too and mumble something about a lack of an anti-reunification kindergarten uprising disproving this.