[lbo-talk] [Fwd: Cretinism, electoral and otherwise]

Dmytri Kleiner dk at telekommunisten.net
Fri Aug 17 10:33:51 PDT 2007

Russell Grinker wrote:

> However it seems to me that what you're trying to do
> here is retrospectively justify the former system by arguing for how
> wonderful *some* of its characteristics were.

Please quote me retrospectively justifying anything.

> So apparently the problem
> wasn't with the system itself but rather with the way it was wound up: if
> only the 'destalinisation' process had preserved the revolutionary kernel of
> this wonderful system, German workers would be OK today.

Yet another boring straw man argument. The fact is, imo, that de-Stalinisation had more to do with the collapse of the Soviet collapse than Stalinism, this does not mean that Stalinism was good, or that collapse could not have happened in a different way otherwise.

Obviously you are not interested in trying to understand what really happened and content with meaningless generalizations and fallacies.

I repeat what I said at the beginning:

IMO, internal dissent within the DDR was related to a comprador capitalist class, this class was made possible by the treaty of rome and extended by the Vodka-Cola pact, a component of "De-Stalinisation" and the Khrushchev-Nixon "thaw."

Are you interested in understanding this, or is barking banalities like "Stalin is bad" or "these parties have no new ideas" enough to satisfy you?

-- Dmytri Kleiner <dk at telekommunisten.net> editing text files since 1981

http://www.dialstation.com - International calling from your mobile phone. - Requires no special software to use, just your phone. - First call free, no sign up, just call!