[lbo-talk] "Opening the discount window" & "the fundamentals aresound" = ????

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 18 20:15:59 PDT 2007

>From: "B." <docile_body at yahoo.com>
>
>... Also, why would anyone NEED to add "the fundamentals
>are sound"? It sounds like a really
>ideologically-loaded thing to insist to someone. ...

It's the power of incantation, innit? Whenever capitalism experiences one of its seismic jolts at the upper end of the Richter scale, the high priests of the capital markets are convened to swing their censers and ritually chant "The fundamentals are sound!" in an effort to propitiate the evil deities of Illiquidity and Insolvency. Personally, I've always thought it would be more effective simply to fling the Chairman of the Federal Reserve into the crater of the nearest active volcano.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Now you can see trouble…before he arrives http://newlivehotmail.com/?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_viral_protection_0507