[lbo-talk] nuclear vindaloo

parthasarathy kalalesrinivasaranga kalalepsarathy at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 23:03:46 PDT 2007

the objection here is not for the agreement as such. It is the demand for strategic cooperation with US and West in all other issues as a price for a some quantity of fuel of doubtful value to the nation. To gain an additional 4% power by 2020, sacrificing our Independent foreign policy is too much of a price though we have within us who are willing to become a unit of US Confederate. As for the weponisation etc, US could not stop its bosom friend Pakistan from doing business with China and it is a fable to say Israel is not having nuclear technology with it. India's import of military wares from Israel is highest, displacing US and UK. The issue is clear. We do not want to be playing against China and Russia to please US.

The closely held Nuclear club is a travesty of justice. Everybody wants nuclear energy and the monopoly of NSG should be broken. The fear of terrorists getting their hand on Nuclear weapon, much less they using it is a US phobia. It is time US signs the Test ban treaty and brings everything in this field under UN regime.

-- kalalepsarathy