[lbo-talk] Maz in SF/Ahmed in DC/New Axis Dates

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 12:12:49 PDT 2007

From: Maz Jobrani <maz at mazjobrani.com> Date: Aug 20, 2007 2:54 PM Subject: Maz in SF/Ahmed in DC/New Axis Dates

My family moved to the US in late 1978. We first came to New York, where as a 6 year old, I got a job as a dish washer. After a few years as a drug lord I turned to standup comedy. Today, after 29 years, my photo is on a huge marquee in the middle of Times Square. I know, I can't believe it! Really cool! Only in America!

I hope you've all been having a wonderful summer. Here are some new individual dates and some new Axis of Evil dates. I will update you as more dates come in.

SAN FRANCISCO - THE PUNCHLINE (I will be headlining at this club without the other Axis guys.) Aug. 28-Sept.1st Tix/Info. at www.punchlinecomedyclub.com or 415-397-7573.

DC IMPROV - (Ahmed Ahmed will be performing at this club without the rest of the Axis guys.) Aug. 22-26th Tix/Info. at www.dcimprov.com or 202-296-7008

TAMPA BAY - AXIS OF EVIL COMEDY SHOW Sept. 28th Tix/Info. at www.axisofevilcomedy.com or 813-229-STAR/800-955-1045

PHOENIX - AXIS OF EVIL COMEDY SHOW Oct. 5th (Aron Kader will not be performing at this show. Sam Tripoli will be in his place.) Tix/Info. at www.axisofevilcomedy.com or 602-267-1600.

NEW YORK - AXIS OF EVIL COMEDY SHOW (2 SHOWS) Oct. 13th (7pm and 11pm) Tix/Info. at www.axisofevilcomedy.com or Ticketmaster.com

LOS ANGELES - AXIS OF EVIL COMEDY SHOW Oct. 20th Tix/Info. at www.axisofevilcomedy.com or 213-480-3232

ABU DHABI - AXIS OF EVIL COMEDY SHOW

Nov. 10th - Harvard Alumni Association Tix/Info. at www.hasuae.com or contact has.uae at hotmail.com

DUBAI - I am hosting a fundraiser without the other Axis guys for the Magic of Persia.

Nov. 24th Tix/Info at www.magicofpersia.com

OTHER DUBAI AND MIDDLE EASTERN DATES TO BE ADDED.

Last, but not least. For anyone who lives in Southern California, I would like to encourage you to check out a great event on Oct. 13th and 14th called Mehragan. I will not be there myself because I'll be doing my show in New York, but it is a great cultural event that should not be missed. You can get more info on this event at www.Nipoc.org.

Please forward this e-mail to anyone you know who might want to attend these shows.

As always thank you for your support,

Maz Perfect Nose Productions, Los Angeles, CA 90019 <http://www.mazjobrani.com/> -- Yoshie