[lbo-talk] Salon 2.0

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 20:49:36 PDT 2007

yeah, there's not much 2.0 about attaching conversations to articles, even when you include the authors in the discussion. we did that at IntellectualCapital.com back in the day, and it worked pretty well for us -- typically the authors who responded to reader feedback (and we had a very lively community) would pop in something like once or twice, sometimes more. But that didn't go for all the essays. just some.

i had been wondering about social networking, too. sphere isn't it. maybe salon needs some sort of plugin to facebook. lol.

i had also been kind of wondering about that as a value-add for our anti-E. but i'm not convinced there's real, long-term money in the social networking space. at least not for lots of players.

it occurs to me to wonder, though . . . i know plenty of people -- mostly my students -- who have both facebook and myspace accounts. what i wonder is how much their networks in each overlap. throw linkedin in there, as well. it would be interesting if people started using different social networking apps for different things.