[lbo-talk] Salon 2.0

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 05:37:05 PDT 2007

On 8/24/07, Blackmail <blackmail.is.my.life at gmail.com> wrote:

> *http://tinyurl.com/2ggz3v
>
> *V.C. Nation
> Subprime Fallout Could Help Venture Capitalists
> By MATT RICHTEL
> Published: August 24, 2007
> Could the subprime problems that have fouled the public market be a mixed
> blessing for Silicon Valley's high-technology investors?
>
> </snip>
>
> That link takes you to the full article. The phrase 'mild resurgence'
> appears in the 2nd 'graf.

wow. high tech now looks safer than credit-centric securities. that's rich. so to speak. but hey, maybe our webnewszine has a chance of getting VC funding.

especially noted the following, in the context of intersecting threads on this list: ===

More indirect still could be the impact the credit crunch has on the ability of venture-backed technology companies to attract and retain talent. Yogen Dalal, a managing partner at Mayfield Fund, said his biggest concern was the inflated housing market in Silicon Valley.

The credit crunch "may not affect the engineers and others who are well paid, but it may affect the labor and service people who keep the machinery of the valley humming," Mr. Dalal said, noting that the added new pressure could create an exodus of people who do essential jobs in the valley.

=== credit is like the weather, now. and when a hurricane comes, too bad for you if you're living in the equivalent of a cardboard box.

seems like, anyway.