[lbo-talk] Barbara Ehrenreich Loses Her Mind

Jim Straub rustbeltjacobin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 09:30:10 PDT 2007

I happen to be reading that right now, actually. It is an awesome book! Besides everything else, it makes for really fun reading, because so many of the escapades of those crooks were like class conscious slapstick comedy movies. Hilarious stuff. The whole eerie railroad series of scandals literally had me laughing out loud, I wish someone would write a new narrative book focusing just on them. Speaking of this Josephson book, will the book about the us ruling class you're writing be like it, doug, but updated to present times? because pound for pound, I think the funniest and most robber-baronly series of embarrassign scandals by corrupt right-wingers these days was the whole conrad black broohahah. I guess he got offf on most charges, but still, all that crap seemed pure josephson.

No kidding. It's salutary to be reading Josephson's Robber Barons