[lbo-talk] Whoa!

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 26 08:53:37 PDT 2007

wrobert at uci.edu wrote: My very brief experiences teaching undergrads has made me realize that my primary complaints about my students have less to do with them per se (They're probably better students than I am a teacher) but the social conditions and atmosphere of Orange County, which seems determined to keep its kids in historical amnesia. Ultimately, that says less about them than what surrounds them (which isn't quite as sovereign and unified as I make it out to be) but ultimately its still really frustrating.... robert wood

I had the same experience teaching at a private Catholic college in the 70's. But at least it was in the SF Bay Area, and Vietnam was still going on, so most of the students were aware their upbringing was a little out of step with the times.

BobW

to apologise. I really, really love my students; for terribly