[lbo-talk] Queer Michelangelo

bitch at pulpculture.org bitch at pulpculture.org
Sun Aug 26 19:08:27 PDT 2007

At 03:54 PM 8/26/2007, BklynMagus wrote:
> > Asking about M's sexual orientation is as silly as
>asking whether he was a Democrat or a Republican.
>
>It is not silly at all.
>
>Just as every image in Godard is suffused with his
>desire for women, so the images of Michaelangelo/Visconti/Leisen
>are suffused with their desire for men. Whether or not
>the concept of sexual orientation existed in whatever century
>is irrelevant: what is vital is whether or not the desire to suck
>cock was there and if this cocksucking desire is manifest in the
>aesthetic experience. Worrying about whether we can call
>Michaelangelo a homosexual or not is just so much academic folderol.
>
>Brian

dewd! why is cocksucking necessarily gay? i mean, there are plenty of gay men who only want to jerk off with other men. men who only want to get sucked, never suck. there are men who see it not as anything necessarily about a sexual getting off. not even to mention men who like to suck cock and eat pussy. and double not to mention men who would define it all more along the lines of a closeness and at homeness they feel with other men that might have little to do with sex at all. and triple not to mention men who see it as all about ass fucking.

and lesbians... I mean, why would being a lesbian be narrowed to one particular sexual act?

disappointed,

bl

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org (NSFW)