[lbo-talk] LiberTeen & twentysomething cult fave Pres.candidate Ron Paul is pro-life

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Aug 26 19:41:08 PDT 2007

B. wrote:

> In the 1990s, yeah, the Internet was really dominated
> by Net-topian libertarian types, it seemed like. That
> was basically how I was introduced to the Cult of Ayn
> Rand --- so many of those fuckers were on the web.

What happened to many of these types is that their comfy techo-libertarian bubble world was deflated with the dot-com crash. All of a sudden they had to give up the foosball tables and free snacks and go work for asshole bosses like the rest of us.

Speaking of how annoying the Ron Paul movement can be these days--there is this Ron Paul billboard along 71 highway in south Kansas City. It prominently announces that Paul is against taxes. It also blares that he is against illegal immigration, which sounds un-libertarian to me.

Chuck