[lbo-talk] Max Sawicky signs off

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Wed Aug 29 08:42:19 PDT 2007

So, let's try to analyse this in atomic steps...

What we know:

1. Max cannot do blogging or any public writing due to his new job 2. His new job has caused him to leave EPI 3. Max cannot divulge the details, not even the employer, of his new job 4. He is not joining an election campaign 5. His role will not be a visible one

The possibilities:

* Is he joining academia?

It's not clear why that would cause him to abandon blogging, etc.

* Is he joining another think-tank?

Again, not clear why that would conflict with blogging. Perhaps its a very uppity think-tank that requires its researchers to maintain a dignified profile.

* Is he going to be working for an existing elected official?

I somehow do not see him going to work for a senator or some such. It would have to be a President -- but that's a long time away. Perhaps a Governor?

* Is he putting together his own blog empire a la Huffington?

I think this is possible. Watch for any sudden moves from Dennis Perrin!

* Is he joining the government?

This I think is very possible. While the federal government would not want to hire a left-winger like him, he may be joining a large state or local government... or perhaps even a federal regulatory body.

* My own hunch: he is going to work for George Soros or Bono.

--ravi