[lbo-talk] yupper: whole foods

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 16:56:33 PDT 2007

Whole Foods is about as yuppie as you can get. Too bad it's not Trader Joe's.

bitch at pulpculture.org wrote:

Wheeeee! My new digs were advertised as a place that was right across the street from a new, downtown grocery store. *shrug* whatever. This didn't much phase me as I'm not one to shop at expensive places, which a downtown grocery would like be. The Farm Fresh is a coupla miles away in gentrified Yuppieville, downtown west. Wasn't much of a selling feature.

Today, I learn that, truly, it's on my walk to work. Opening the 22nd of next month. I'm so excited to learn something that will also warm the cockles of Woj's heart.

It's gonna be a Whole Foods!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeee! Sociological fodder galore for this bitch.

As for life in Yuppieville, well. It's mostly older Yups in their 50s, some retired. Guess that makes them not so YUP, huh? Others are in the military -- there's a master jet air base and a SEAL training facility nearby. I saw them while walking along the pier as the sun was setting over the harbor.

Well, gotta go finish packing.

"You know how it is, come for the animal porn, stay for the cultural analysis." -- Michael Berube

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org (NSFW)