[lbo-talk] yupper: whole foods

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Aug 29 17:31:39 PDT 2007

Robert Wrubel wrote:
> Whole Foods is about as yuppie as you can get. Too bad it's not Trader Joe's.

No kidding. We don't have any Trader Joe's in Kansas City. It looks like the Wild Oats I go to every 3 months to buy nutritional yeast will go over to the dark side. I think I step inside a Whole Foods maybe once every two years. You can get the crap they sell for cheaper at all of the better grocery stores around here.

I was pretty pissed that Wild Oats got approval for the takeover. Hate to see a truly evil company get any bigger. Perhaps we can sour the milk by supporting unionization efforts at Whole Foods. A tough task, because the fucking chain runs a serious anti-union campaign.

I hear that their nickname on the street is Whole Paycheck.

Chuck