[lbo-talk] NYT: Chavez loses, 51% to 49%; Chavez does concede on TV

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Dec 3 13:22:50 PST 2007

John Thornton wrote:

> All I ever hear or read is how Chavez "wants to be president for life"
> and other unsubstantiated claims to smear him.

In case you are just getting back from a long Thanksgiving trip, Chavez just lost an election where the main issue was him wanting to retain office indefinitely.

There is nothing "fictional" about his interest in retaining office indefinitely. I don't even need to make anything up to smear Chavez.

In any case, it's good to see Chavez cut down a few notches. Now the Venezuelans just need to knock him totally out of office.

Chuck