[lbo-talk] Chavez loses

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Tue Dec 4 14:52:00 PST 2007

>>> Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net> 12/4/2007 1:30 PM >>>

>Charles replied:
> >
> > Chavez and Castro are good baseballers. They know it's important
> > be a good loser, as well as a good winner.

But haven't you heard that Chavez is also a threat to baseball? This article, written by a minor league pitcher, was in Sporting News after last December's election:

^^^^^ CB: Thanks Dennis. I'm not sure if I understand what the article is claiming. First the article sounds like Chavez's action would have the effect of raising how much the players would be paid. Then the article makes it sound as if it would prevent all Latin Am players, not just Venezuelans from getting into major league baseball at all.