[lbo-talk] forgot to mention...

(Chuck Grimes) cgrimes at rawbw.COM
Thu Dec 6 08:03:16 PST 2007

Rushing before work. Two key math barriers used to keep the riff raff out: Algebra and Calculus. Get over those. Go back and retrace them until you can think along those lines. Kind of revolutionary slogan sort of thing...

Also on the guy I tutored through elementary algebra---one insight I had that I forgot to mention. He had literally been conditioned to be stupid. I could see many of his anxieties flash in front of me. They were old, old boyhood habits of thought. Lost class rooms where he stammered out some meaningless answer, just to releave the horror of having no idea what was going on. That's what we worked on a lot.

CG