[lbo-talk] Ron Paul, ideological cipher

Andy F andy274 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 05:43:19 PST 2007

On Dec 6, 2007 8:55 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> It's not Paul's doing, is it? He's pretty clear where he's coming
> from. But the hipsters either don't hear it or he appeals to their
> inner libertarian.

At this point he's probably known best for taking an unambiguous and unpopular stand against the Iraq thing at the primary debates. I bet that's most of his appeal -- courage of convictions is rarely a strong point among Dem presidential candidates. There's Kucinich, but he tends to get dismissed rather than attacked, no?

-- Andy