[lbo-talk] AP: "Suburban sex parties draw complaints"

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Fri Dec 7 15:34:41 PST 2007

B. wrote:
> [Anyone seen the documentary "Sex with Strangers"?
> -B.]

> http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hEQNrfDaS2MW4r3QHPfODNPk9iGwD8TCPK800
>

> Suburban Sex Parties Draw Complaints
>
> By PAUL J. WEBER – 3 hours ago

We're dealing with a related problem here in Kansas City. In fact, I broke the story on my blog:

http://chuck.mahost.org/weblog/

The fucking morality police fined an event I was attending several weeks ago. I've talked briefly here about Dr. Sketchy's, which has turned into an international network of regular "anti-art" parties. Our version here in Kansas City was hosted at somebody's loft in the West Bottoms. This is the former slaughterhouse district just west of downtown KCMO. Dr. Sketchy's is mostly a life drawing session featuring burlesque entertainers that has some party elements like a DJ and prizes. Two weeks ago the local police sent in two undercover agents, who stayed around long enough for the burlesque act, and then cited the hosts for not having a liquor permit.

I really should do some writing and activism on this archaic morals department that Kansas City runs. They even shut down the alternative sexualities club that was doing monthly events at a local bar.

Chuck

-------------------------- Bread and Roses Web Design serving small businesses, non-profits, artists and activists http://www.breadandrosesweb.com/