[lbo-talk] AP: "Suburban sex parties draw complaints"

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Dec 7 16:00:22 PST 2007

On Dec 7, 2007, at 6:34 PM, Chuck wrote:

> B. wrote:
>> [Anyone seen the documentary "Sex with Strangers"?
>> -B.]
>
>> http://ap.google.com/article/
>> ALeqM5hEQNrfDaS2MW4r3QHPfODNPk9iGwD8TCPK800
>>

>> Suburban Sex Parties Draw Complaints
>>
>> By PAUL J. WEBER – 3 hours ago
>
> We're dealing with a related problem here in Kansas City. In fact, I
> broke the story on my blog:
>
> http://chuck.mahost.org/weblog/
>
> I really should do some writing and activism on this archaic morals
> department that Kansas City runs. They even shut down the alternative
> sexualities club that was doing monthly events at a local bar.

One of the sinister innovations of Rudy's reign in NYC was to recast moralistic and political repression as a quality of life issue. Protests interfere with the flow of traffic. Rallies in the park trouble picnickers. Peep shows frighten parents. It wins over people who might otherwise not want to identify with Carrie Nation types.

Doug