[lbo-talk] AP: "Suburban sex parties draw complaints"

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Mon Dec 10 06:35:36 PST 2007

Doug:

One of the sinister innovations of Rudy's reign in NYC was to recast moralistic and political repression as a quality of life issue. Protests interfere with the flow of traffic. Rallies in the park trouble picnickers. Peep shows frighten parents. It wins over people who might otherwise not want to identify with Carrie Nation types.

[WS:] Because it IS a quality of life issue that right wing trolls exploit to their advantage. You and others on this list certainly would certainly cry bloody murder if this guy operated a church or a sweatshop in his basement instead of a commercial sex parlor.

The problem is that the lefties roll on their backs and spread their legs each time they hear "sex," which is far less reasonable than the right wing response to the quality of life problem. So again, what we have here is a typical American situation - two extremes at logger heads, one less reasonable than the other, and no balance, common sense and moderation in sight. This is yet another reason why I am so unimpressed by Amerika & most of its culture.

Wojtek