[lbo-talk] Run for the border

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Mon Dec 10 21:41:57 PST 2007

Jenny Brown wrote:
>> The pressure on women to marry is already enormous, health insurance
>> simply adds to that suffocating weight.
>
>But the share of the U.S. population that's never been married has
>been rising. In 1990, 18.9% of women had never been married; in 2005,
>21.6%. And the health insurance environment has never been harsher.
>
>Doug

Although I'm sure it's not the main factor, this would be consistent with the narrowing gender benefits gap in full-time employment--health insurance is less likely to come with a job, but also less likely to be gender-biased than, say, 25 years ago. (As I recall, it seems to be loosely tracking the gender pay gap.)

Jenny Brown

</HTML>