[lbo-talk] Self-Consciousness (was Re: Shakespeare)

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 11 07:07:28 PST 2007

Well, as Hegel emphasizes, consciousness isn't self-consciousness. I am not sure that just having experiences without any sense of self is enough for a first person POV, but if it is, certainly consciousness, in the sense of having experiences of other things, is a lot older than 30,000 years. Hundreds of millions of years is more like it; dinosaurs certainly had experiences. Did they have a first person pov?