[lbo-talk] Joss Whedon, union militant

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue Dec 11 09:24:42 PST 2007

>"The necessity of having some
>pesky man who has to actually create the
>thing that you do is really a thorn in the side of
>producers. They loathe paying writers."

Oh, yeah. In my travels through the TV world, I heard this all the time. Many producers and execs, and the mega-corps that rule them, despise creatives, when not acting as if they are creatives themselves. Listening to some dickhead suit talk about the "mysteries" of writing makes you want to slug him -- that is, if he's not paying you.

The corps are trying to turn writers into slave laborers, when they deign to employ them at all. The WGA must win this strike.

Dennis