[lbo-talk] The Rights of Baby Boys

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Thu Dec 13 08:59:41 PST 2007

On Dec 13, 2007, at 11:22 AM, Miles Jackson wrote:
> Mr. WD wrote:
>>
>> Maybe conduct reliable surveys of men who had been circumcised in
>> adulthood? I've heard that the most common reason men get
>> circumcised
>> later in life is that they've converted to Islam. Hit the mosques!
>>
> The assumption here is that people can accurately remember
> psychological
> states from many years ago and meaningfully compare them to current
> psychological states.

So, ask only those adult men who:

* were recently circumcised * are sexually active and have been in the recent past

Again, the argument is also based on physiological reasoning:

prop: sexual pleasure correlates to stimulation of sensitive regions prop: the penis is a significant sensitive region (w.r.t above) fact: the most sensitive regions of the penis are removed during circumcision conclusion: sexual pleasure (*) is diminished due to circumcision corollary: this is a damage to young (or baby) boys

[ (*) potential and actual ]

Disclaimer: The propositions may be unsubstantiated, the facts may be wrong, the conclusions may not be warranted. That said, I think the burden now shifts.

Does anyone know the real history of circumcision? By which I mean: the history of the religious practice. Searching around, I found this witty bit:

http://www.cirp.org/library/history/dunsmuir1/ http://www.cirp.org/library/history/

--ravi