[lbo-talk] The Rights of Baby Boys

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Thu Dec 13 08:22:31 PST 2007

Mr. WD wrote:
> On Dec 12, 2007 10:10 PM, Miles Jackson <cqmv at pdx.edu> wrote:
>

>> How on earth could we possibly determine if uncircumcised men experience
>> more pleasure from sex than circumcised men do? (--A serious question.)
>>

> Maybe conduct reliable surveys of men who had been circumcised in
> adulthood? I've heard that the most common reason men get circumcised
> later in life is that they've converted to Islam. Hit the mosques!
>
> -WD

The assumption here is that people can accurately remember psychological states from many years ago and meaningfully compare them to current psychological states. Human memory isn't that trustworthy. If you asked me this question, I would have to shrug and say I don't know if I enjoyed sex more when I was younger.

Miles